- UCSF Gym Free January 1-7 Posted on: Dec 26th, 2016
Two thirds of all Americans, list losing weight…
- Two Events in One Location to Celebrate the Holidays in the Inner Sunset Posted on: Nov 20th, 2016
Join your neighbors on Sunday, December 11th…
- New GED and Job Training Program moves to Independence HS Posted on: Nov 9th, 2016
New GED and Job Training Program moves to…
- Last ISS in time for Election and Halloween, Sunday October 30th. Posted on: Oct 3rd, 2016
Last ISS in time for Election and Halloween The…
- Muni Increased Late Night Service on the 6 & 7 Posted on: Jul 6th, 2016
District 5 residents will directly benefit from increased late-night service on the 6 Haight/Parnassus and the 7 Haight/Noriega.
- Project to Improve GGP Entrance Moves Forward Posted on: Jul 6th, 2016
ISPN and friends hosted two events this spring to gather feedback for improvements to Golden Gate Park entrance at 9th Ave and Lincoln.
- SFWA Wins Grant and Opens Banner Contest Posted on: Jul 6th, 2016
SF Women Artists (SFWA) have been awarded a $24,000 Neighborhood Arts Collaborative (NAC) Grant for the Inner Sunset.
- ISPN Offers Its Support to SF Deltas Posted on: Mar 2nd, 2016
As part of this support, the board asks for various quality of life issues to be considered.
- Hidden Garden Steps wins NEN Award Posted on: Jan 23rd, 2016
The accolades for the Inner Sunset's beloved Hidden Garden Steps continue to roll in!
- Inner Sunset DART group wins SHARP grant Posted on: Jan 23rd, 2016
The Inner Sunset-Golden Gate Heights Disaster Area Readiness Team (DART) was recently awarded a grant to expand its disaster preparedness work. Find out more about the group.
- What to do if you are concerned about a homeless person Posted on: Dec 24th, 2015
The San Francisco Homeless Outreach Team (SF HOT) has new contact numbers. If you're concerned about a homeless person, these are the numbers to call.
- Updates from Kirkham Project Posted on: Nov 18th, 2015
Check out the latest updates from The Kirkham Project, which is looking to redevelop the Kirkham Heights complex at the top of 5th Avenue.
- Huge St Anne Harvest Festival this weekend - 10/23-25 Posted on: Oct 21st, 2015
St Anne of the Sunset on Funston St (between Irving and Judah) is having its annual harvest festival this weekend. There is so much going on!
- The Inner Sunset Flea Market draws the crowds Posted on: Oct 20th, 2015
The Flea Market was a big success with many locals selling their wares and flocks of people snapping them up. Will there be more flea markets?
- SF Flex Academy joins 7th Ave School Site Posted on: Sep 30th, 2015
There's another new tenant in the 7th Avenue school building. Who is it?
- The Big Lunch is a big success! Posted on: Sep 21st, 2015
The Big Lunch, part of Inner Sunset Sundays 2015, was attended by many neighbors and there was even an official proclamation.
- Free Earthquake Prep Classes Start Oct 1st Posted on: Sep 21st, 2015
Become a member of the Neighborhood Emergency Response Team (NERT) with a free six week class in the Inner Sunset.
- Sell your old stuff at the Inner Sunset Flea Market - 10/18 Posted on: Sep 18th, 2015
The October 18th Inner Sunset Sundays event will be a flea market. Anyone can sell or buy!
- Time to RSVP for The Big Lunch on 9/13 Posted on: Aug 21st, 2015
The Big Lunch is coming September 13th, 1-3pm, Irving St (9-10th Ave). A feast for the whole community - don't miss this! RSVP today.
- ISPN Spring Town Hall Posted on: May 28th, 2015
Street murals, homeless, and other issues were discussed at the Spring Town Hall.
- Giant Toys for Your Block Party Posted on: May 27th, 2015
You are welcome to borrow some great giant toys for your upcoming block party. Here's the list.
- Sutro Stewards Offering Summer Internship - Deadline May 29th Posted on: May 8th, 2015
See what's on offer in this exciting internship.
- Turn your intersection into a painted mural Posted on: Apr 7th, 2015
Walk SF and the City of San Francisco are looking for neighbors who are interested in turning their intersection into a work of art.
- Inner Sunset Sundays 2015 - dates announced Posted on: Apr 2nd, 2015
Inner Sunset Sundays, the neighborhood's favorite block party, is back for 4 events in 2015.
- ISPN newsletter: April 2015 Posted on: Apr 1st, 2015
Inner Sunset Sundays dates announced, Easter Egg hunting, and... take a walk. All in this month's newsletter.
- ISPN newsletter: March 2015 Posted on: Mar 4th, 2015
Our March newsletter hits the e-news stands. See what's inside.
- ISPN newsletter: February 2015 Posted on: Feb 7th, 2015
It's the Year of the Sheep, but we're not running away from big conversations in the neighborhood.
- Inner Sunset neighborhood survey released Posted on: Feb 2nd, 2015
Interesting data has been just been released about Inner Sunset residents.
- ISS raises $1,400 for local children's charity Posted on: Jan 27th, 2015
The December 2014 Inner Sunset Sundays (ISS) was a special fundraiser for Family House Inc.
- Sups Breed and Tang with Mayor visit Inner Sunset's Green Apple Books on the Park Posted on: Jan 27th, 2015
Visit is a part of Indies First Campaign to promote supporting independent businesses.
- ISPN newsletter: January 2015 Posted on: Jan 8th, 2015
The new year is here! See what we're thinking about as 2015 kicks off.
- Hoodline adds local Inner Sunset coverage Posted on: Dec 17th, 2014
Hoodline, a neighborhood news network, recently added the Inner Sunset to their online beat.
- ISPN newsletter: December 2014 Posted on: Dec 5th, 2014
A holiday message from Martha Ehrenfeld, President of ISPN.
- UCSF Long Term Development Plan Approved, Inner Sunset Highlights Posted on: Nov 22nd, 2014
The new UCSF Long Range Development Plan, which maps out UCSF's plans for the next 30 years, have been approved. Here's the Inner Sunset highlights.
- ISPN newsletter: November 2014 Posted on: Nov 11th, 2014
A major new development is planned for Kirkham Heights. Read on for more in this month's newsletter.
- ISPN newsletter: October 2014 Posted on: Oct 8th, 2014
Heard of Whiskey Hill before? Open this newsletter and discover your new favorite beverage-entitled hill.
- ISPN board candidate statements Posted on: Sep 21st, 2014
This October, five Inner Sunset residents will be running for the ISPN board. Read their candidate statements here.
- ISPN newsletter: September 2014 Posted on: Sep 7th, 2014
Make a difference through September's newsletter. Your input can help guide UCSF development and Inner Sunset livability.
- ISPN newsletter: August 2014 Posted on: Aug 10th, 2014
The new Irving St & 9th Avenue bulbouts, Inner Sunset Sundays and "The Big Lunch", and more headline this month's newsletter.
- Summary of Irving Street streetscape changes Posted on: Aug 7th, 2014
Check out renderings that depict the new bulbouts along Irving Street and up 9th Avenue under SFMTA's Transit Effectiveness Project (TEP).
- ISPN newsletter: July 2014 Posted on: Jul 7th, 2014
Precious water, Inner Sunset Sundays (ISS), and bait bikes bite back. [Note: ISS Oct date is 10/19, not 10/17 as stated in this newsletter]
- Where should the murals go? Posted on: Jul 1st, 2014
Get involved and help decide the location and design of a new Inner Sunset mural.
- Inner Sunset resident awarded Volunteer of the Year Posted on: Jun 30th, 2014
Our very own Craig Dawson of Sutro Stewards is Volunteer of the Year at the SF Park Alliance Awards. Congratulations Craig!
- Inner Sunset Sundays 2014 dates announced! Posted on: Jun 24th, 2014
The dates are September 14th, October 19th, and December 7th. Read on for the full scoop.
- Breath easier on the N Judah Posted on: Jun 19th, 2014
SFMTA tests new layout to increase capacity on the N Judah.
- Sit in on an ISPN board meeting Posted on: Jun 11th, 2014
ISPN members are welcome at board meetings. Not a member yet? It's easy to join!
- ISPN newsletter: June 2014 Posted on: Jun 11th, 2014
Sweet songs, green apples, and June fog.
- The first Inner Sunset Trivia Night ignites local brains Posted on: May 28th, 2014
Here are some questions from the event. How many can you get right?
- Green Apple Books coming this August, Le Video is saved Posted on: May 28th, 2014
Green Apple Books + Le Video = Local cultural mecca
- Want to see more murals in the Inner Sunset? Posted on: May 21st, 2014
Want to see more murals in the Inner Sunset? Now's the time to get involved.
- ISPN newsletter: May 2014 Posted on: May 7th, 2014
Bike to Work day, join the ISPN board, and just who was Irving?
- ISPN newsletter: April 2014 Posted on: Apr 7th, 2014
Revolutionary road-use changes, final MTA N Judah plans, and Le Video takes a stand.
- Spring Cleaning and Greening in the Inner Sunset Posted on: Mar 27th, 2014
Ribbon cutting, dirty hands, and triangles... The Inner Sunset tied it all together in March.
- ISPN newsletter: March 2014 Posted on: Mar 7th, 2014
Irving Commons, N Judah Updates, and more.
- ISPN newsletter: February 2014 Posted on: Feb 1st, 2014
Big MTA Irving Street changes, help shape UCSF Parnassus campus, and Woody Allen.
- ISPN Coffee Mugs are here! Posted on: Jan 27th, 2014
At the 2/9 farmers' market, new/existing ISPN members can pick up a lovely new coffee mug.
- News from Supervisor Breed's Office Posted on: Jan 16th, 2014
Highlights from the January 2014 newsletter from District 5 supervisor London Breed.
- Free Earthquake Training in the Sunset Posted on: Jan 8th, 2014
Are you prepared for the next big one? NERT offers classes in the Sunset, and around SF.
- ISPN newsletter: January 2014 Posted on: Jan 1st, 2014
Irving Commons community meeting, new LED streetlights, upcoming Town Halls, and more.
- Santa and Mrs Claus at Farmers' Market Posted on: Dec 19th, 2013
With no snow in the forecast, Santa and Mrs Claus…
- The new tenant at the Laguna Honda school building is... Posted on: Nov 11th, 2013
This summer a K-8th home based study program as…
- Inner Sunset Sundays returns: Oct 13 & Dec 8 Posted on: Oct 7th, 2013
The Inner Sunset's favorite block party is back!
- Farmers' Market moving Aug 25th & September 1st Posted on: Aug 13th, 2013
The market will be temporarily moving August 25th & September 1st to Laguna Honda schoolyard.
- Editorial: The not-so-secret strategy Posted on: Jul 25th, 2013
The most revolutionary act of community is also one of the oldest. What is it?
- Supervisors Talk Transportation Priorities Posted on: Apr 4th, 2013
Muni's N Judah and other transportation priorities are discussed at ISPN's February Town Hall.
- Plant Thieves Visiting the Inner Sunset Posted on: Mar 25th, 2013
Substantial cuttings have been taken from the Inner Sunset Community Garden
- Parklet applications due by 4/17 Posted on: Mar 13th, 2013
There is a new round of Requests For Proposals for parklets. The deadline is April 17th.
- Announcing Our Inner Sunset Posted on: Mar 8th, 2013
Welcome to the new home of ISPN: Our Inner Sunset. Find out more about the site's exciting features.